Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nutter Butter Brownies

I love all things chocolate and peanut butter so when I came across this recipe I had to try it. I must say I am one of the few people that finds baking brownies difficult. I can rarely tell when they are cooked all the way through. I did my best with these and used the toothpick tester until it came out clean. They are chewy, chocolatey with some peanut butter crunch and delicious. They are very rich so I had to cut them into smaller pieces, which was difficult to take just one. for my bridal shower one of my friends gave me this beautiful glass cake/display set. Now I have something to put in it and makes my dessert look fancy and professional, almost like what you see in a bakery! Not only am I using the present, but it is being filled with something she would love too.


Nutter Butter Brownies
Ingredients:
1 box Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie Mix
1/4 c. water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
9 Nutter Butter cookies

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325.  Spray or lightly grease an 8 x 8 metal pan.

Follow the instructions on the box by mixing the brownie mix, water, oil and egg just until combined.


Spoon 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan.  Add 8 Nutter Butter cookies on top. Add the remaining batter on top and smooth with an offset spatula. 


Bake for 39-43 minutes.  The brownies may look under-baked, but will be fully cooked as they cool.  Cool completely on a wire rack.
Source: Bake at 350

Pin It!

1 comment: