Sunday, June 12, 2011

Raspberry Crumble Bars

I really like the show Dessert First on the FoodNetwork and last week’s episode had a bunch of recipes I quickly printed out to try. Tonight we are having Jason’s dad over for dinner and with only 1 oven I knew I needed a dessert I could make ahead of time. I wanted to make something fruity and not chocolaty for once, so it was a perfect opportunity to try out this new recipe. I like to make bars or cookies that can be easily cut up and into portions otherwise we end up eating it all. And with these if we don’t use them all can put some in the freezer for another night.


Raspberry Crumble Bars

Ingredients:

2 sticks butter, softened
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (I used ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour)
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 cup rolled oats
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt (I didn’t have this and just used table salt)
1 egg, beaten
1 cup Raspberry Preserves

 

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan or use cooking spray.
Add the flour, both sugars, oats and salt to a bowl in your stand mixer. Add in the butter and egg and beat at low speed. Stop the machine and scrape the bowl down a couple of times. Keep processing until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Keep 2 cups crumb mixture aside.


Press the remaining crumb mixture on the bottom the prepared pan. Spread the Raspberry Preserves over top, leaving 1/2-inch border. Crumble the rest of the oat mixture over the preserves. 


Bake until lightly browned, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

The crumble was simple to make and was perfect crunch on top with the gooey sweet inside of fruit. Next time I will be sure to wait for them to cool completely before cutting up. I was anxious to cut into them and the preserves were still gooey so make sure to wait!


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This looks good! I like that show too :)

    ReplyDelete