Friday, June 10, 2011

Bridge Mix Bark


I have been having a craving for all things sweet and chocolate. This recipe is salty, sweet and crunchy! I have gotten into watching the show Dessert First on the Food Network which like it’s title is all about dessert. If you can’t tell, dessert is my favorite part of any meal, or even without the meal. I saw this recipe and had to try it since it incorporated a lot of items I snack on. The great thing about it is that you can make it with the same quantities but swap out what you like. I used the peanuts but you can use almonds, cashews or any other nut you like. The same thing goes for the raisins, I used craisins instead. And you can use any type of chocolate you like, I stuck to the recipe this time, but I would try some dark chocolate next time to make it a little bit less sweet and maybe can claim it is healthier that way ☺


Bridge Mix Bark

Ingredients:

4 cups milk chocolate chips
1 ½ cups roasted, salted peanuts (You can use any salted nut you like)
1 ½ cups chopped pretzels
1 cup raisins (I used Craisins instead)
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1.    Melt your milk chocolate on low heat, stirring until completely smooth. (Mine burned a little bit so I suggest using a double boiler to prevent that from happening)

2.    Stir in the peanuts, pretzels and raisins.

3.    Line a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking sheet with aluminum foil. Pour the melted chocolate over the foil and spread it out into a rectangle. Pop in the fridge for 1 hour to firm up.

4.    Melt the bittersweet chocolate in another saucepan over low heat, stirring until completely smooth.

5.    Take the bark out of the fridge and pour the melted chocolate over the top. Use a spatula to smooth it out. Put back into the fridge for a couple more hours, you want it to get completely firm.

6.    Cut the bark in 1/2 by 3-inch pieces. You will need to put some muscle into it.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment