Monday, May 30, 2011

Sweet Potato Cranberry Muffins

I love muffins for a snack in the morning and like to try new ones out. I found a recipe on another blog for sweet potato cranberry coconut muffins. I am not a fan of coconut so I removed that. When I went to the store to buy canned sweet potatoes they only carried ones that had pineapple mixed in. I decided to buy some yams since they are int he same family and it turned out to be a fine substitute. I think they taste great and just aren't as sweet as the original recipe.


Sweet Potato Cranberry Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)

Ingredients:
Dry:
  • 1.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup finely ground flax
  • 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
Wet:
  • 1 cup canned pureed sweet potato (My store only had yams)
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 eggs
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350.

In two separate bowls, mix dry ingredients, then wet ingredients. Combine by adding the wet into the dry  ingredients and stirring gently until the mixture is combined.

Spoon the mixture into a cooking-sprayed or nonstick muffin tin. You can also use muffin liners if you prefer.

Bake for about 25 minutes



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment