Thursday, May 19, 2011

Healthy breakfast

Everyone says that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Yet it is skipped by many people or just something grabbed on the way out the door. Today I decided to take a few minutes and actually make myself something healthy and tasty for breakfast. Over the weekend we went to brunch at a relatives club and I got a quick lesson on how to flip omelets. What better time to practice than now. I had some baby spinach left over in the fridge, shredded cheddar cheese and egg beaters. First I put some margarine in a pan and sauteed the spinach. Then I added the egg beaters, pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper.While it was cooking I cut up a fresh Florida peach (yum). After scraping down the edge of the egg beaters I gave it my try at flipping the egg beaters over and did an ok job. Not quite as smooth as the chef at brunch but at least it didn't end up on the floor which was my fear. I then added some cheddar cheese and folded the omelet in half to let it cook. The whole breakfast didn't take too long and I really felt like it was something a little bit different during the week. 



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment