Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Muffins

I came across this quick and simple recipe on another website and had to try it. I love all things chocolate so this sounded delicious. My mother makes an amazing sour cream coffee cake so I figured it had to be good in muffins as well. I liked that this recipe was so easy to put everything together and was ready in no time. The perfect morning snack.


Sour Cream Chip Muffins Recipe
Servings: 12 muffins
Prep/Total Time: 30 minutes


Ingredients:

  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour)
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • ¾ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream (I used light sour cream)
  • 5 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips

 Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350°

  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

  3. In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.

  4. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (I used muffin liners and it caused the bake time to be a few minutes longer)
     
  5. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment