I came across this quick and simple recipe on another website and had to try it. I love all things chocolate so this sounded delicious. My mother makes an amazing sour cream coffee cake so I figured it had to be good in muffins as well. I liked that this recipe was so easy to put everything together and was ready in no time. The perfect morning snack.
Sour Cream Chip Muffins Recipe
Servings: 12 muffins
Prep/Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. (I used muffin liners and it caused the bake time to be a few minutes longer)
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Source: Taste of Home