Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Southwest Salad

This is a good day... J came home early and surprised me with gorgeous multi-color roses for now reason. And he even went for a run outside with me after work to take advantage of one of the "cooler" days in Florida. Since we were on a roll I decided to make us a light and refreshing salad for dinner. I had recently found Chipotle Ranch salad dressing at Whole Foods which I had been looking for a good one for a while and was very excited to use!





This year J planted a small herb garden in a big pot in our backyard! After years of living in an apartment and killing all plants I was so excited to have one and J to keep it alive. I was able to use some of the fresh cilantro in our salad tonight. Although after washing it I went to cut it up and a tiny spider crawled out!


 Southwest Salad
1/2 cup drained and rinsed black beans (no salt added)
1/2 cup drained canned corn
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
Cilantro to taste
1 1/2 Romaine Hearts (washed and cut)
Chipotle Ranch Dressing




I drained and rinsed the corn and black beans. Then diced the red pepper and cilantro and mixed it all up in a bowl ahead of time. I added the mixture to the salad and tossed with the salad dressing. I wish I had some tortilla chips in the house to add for crunch but was still delicious anyway. After our healthy dinner we are ready to watch Biggest Loser!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment