Friday, May 13, 2011

Roasted Snapper Fillet with Broccoli Rabe

I don’t know about you, but whenever I travel I end up eating a lot of meals out. Now that I am back home I wanted to make something that was light, refreshing and of course quick and easy. When I went to Whole Foods they had full fresh snappers that the seafood man filleted for me on the spot! I don’t know how they do it but I definitely did not want to have to do that myself.


Roasted Snapper
Ingredients:
  • 3 snapper fillets, 8 oz each
  • 2 tsp olive oil, divided
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary or fresh oregano (I used fresh Rosemary and sprinkled some dried oregano on as well)
  • kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
  • 1 tbsp Italian seasoned bread crumbs (I used whole wheat)
  • Fresh lemon wedges to serve

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450°F

Rinse and dry fish well. Line a broiler rack with aluminum foil. Lightly spray foil with oil.

Rub fish with 1 tsp olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.  

Place fish skin side down on oven rack and sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Drizzle remaining oil and bake until fish is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.



Sauteed Broccoli Rabe
I also tried
making broccoli rabe. In the past it has turned out very bitter, but my Dad told me it was because I didn’t boil it first. It turned out very well and J who doesn’t like regular broccoli actually told me he liked this so I consider it a small victory and another vegetable to the repertoire.

Ingredients:

  • Kosher salt
  • 1 bunch broccoli rabe, tough, non-leafy stems removed
  • Extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, smashed (I only used 1)
  • Pinch crushed red pepper flakes

 Directions:

Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Set up a bowl of well salted ice water. Drop the broccoli rabe into the boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the boiling water and plunge immediately into the ice water. Once cool remove from the ice water and let dry. (I skipped this and cooked the broccoli rabe for 5 minutes in boiling water and rinsed off.)

Coat a large sauté pan with olive oil. Add the smashed garlic and crushed red pepper and bring to medium heat. Once the garlic is brown and aromatic, remove it from the pan and discard. It has fulfilled its garlic destiny. (Since I only used 1 garlic clove I left in the pan)

Add the broccoli rabe and toss around in the oil to heat up and season. Remember the broccoli is already cooked. Add more oil, if needed and season with salt if needed.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment