Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rhode Island

This week I was definitely not cooking, but relaxing! It has become a family tradition to go to Rhode Island for the 4th of July. With the holiday being on Wednesday this year it was a bit trickier to schedule, but I caved and decided to take the whole week off for vacation and I don't regret it one bit! There is something about the crashing of the waves, traditional new england town and the smell of the ocean that instantly relaxes you. I absolutely love being able to see my parents for the week and missed my brother this year. We have our traditions like going to the light house and Aunt Carrie's for steamers and chowder, something we've done since I was a toddler.


This year we stayed in Jamestown, across from Newprt, a town I had never been to before. I really liked that we could walk to the small town for dinner and watched some fireworks across the bay. We were very lucky and had gorgeous weather every day, which is unheard of for us. Another great feature of Jamestown is an area that you can go and climb down to rocks and cliffs to set up a secluded area for sun bathing and enjoy the crashing of the waves and nice breeze to keep you cool.


I was sad to leave and head back home to the heat and reality. Only good thing is that we have the weekend to catch up and ease our way back to the work week.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment