Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Oatmeal Cookies with Raisinets

I love baking but find that to try a new recipe, especially of cookies that I end up with way too many in the house tempting me. Since I like the trashy show Bachelor Pad I invited one of my girlfriends over to watch it together because, well isn’t it always more fun to make fun of them with someone else?! And it gave me justification to try out a cookie recipe I had saved on my computer for a while.

What could be better than chewy oatmeal raisin cookies you ask? Ones that are made with raisinets of course! Oatmeal cookies are Jason’s favorite so this recipe is a spin on the traditional that can incorporate my love for chocolate. I used traditional milk chocolate covered raisinets but you can use dark chocolate ones or chocolate craisinets as the original recipe called for, I couldn’t find them despite loving craisins. These are sweet and chewy with the yummy chocolate chips AND raisinets. The next time I make these I am going to try to swap some of the butter with applesauce to make them a bit healthier.

Oatmeal Cookies with Raisinets
Yields: about 40 cookies
Source: My Baking Addiction

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups quick cooking oats
3/4 cup chocolate covered cranberries
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips


Directions:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in large bowl with an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
 
2. Beat in eggs one at a time and add in vanilla. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate covered cranberries and chocolate chips mixing until incorporated. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour.

3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a medium scoop (1 ½ Tablespoons) to create dough balls. Place the balls of dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.

4. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days, if they last that long!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment