Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
Makes 2 loaves
2 slightly beaten eggs
2 cups sugar
½ cup oil (vegetable or canola)
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 ¼ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ginger
1 cup fresh cranberries cut in half or quartered
1. Combine eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin, mix well.
2. Combine flour, spices, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Pour pumpkin mixture into the well, stir just until dry ingredients are moist.
4. Stir in cranberries.
5. Spoon batter into 2 greased & floured 8x3 3/4x 2 1/2 inch aluminum loaf pans. The batter will be thick, I used a measuring cup to scoop and then smooth the batter into the pan with a spatula.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack then carefully flip the loaves out of the pans, slice and enjoy!