Monday, July 4, 2011

Hamburger Cupcakes

Happy 4th of July! While this is a holiday most people celebrate by making hamburgers outside on the grill, I decided to make cupcake hamburgers. I was in a store and saw a cute hamburger cake and then smaller cupcakes that looked just like a hamburger. And since hamburgers are kind of a big deal around our house, I just had to try making them myself for Jason to bring to work.


Since I wasn't sure how they would turn out, I must confess I used a yellow cake mix and a jar of chocolate fudge icing. Normally I would make the yellow cake and a chocolate butter-cream or cream cheese icing from scratch and definitely will next time. I also bought red and green tubes of decorating icing, but not the gel stuff. Bake the cupcakes according to the recipe/directions.

Be sure to let them cool completely. Then remove the paper liner and cut it in to give it the look of a hamburger bun.


Next add the chocolate icing to the bottom to create the hamburger.
Then add a circle of the red piping icing to create the look of a tomato slice.
And add a zig zag or green piping icing to create the lettuce. It doesn't have to be perfect since the top will be covering it.
Finally put the top of the cupcake/bun on and press down a little bit. Add on a few sesame seeds and press gently to stay put. Voila you are done!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment