Monday, October 15, 2012

7 Can Taco Soup

This week I am finally making items that I see on Pinterest. That place is not only addicting, but I don't know who has the time to make all of the food and crafts they pin or throw the parties with all of the adorable accessories! I feel good if I make anything that I see on there. With fall rolling in around the country, maybe not where I am but for basically everyone else, I made a warm comforting soup. 

Tonight I tried what was actually 8 can taco soup, but I didn't use 1 of the ingredients, canned chicken... I am sure you can't blame me for being a little, ok a lot skeeved out by the idea of chicken in a can. Had I felt more motivated I would have used shredded rotisserie chicken, but instead it is a more vegetarian version. This soup is a bit thinner than a chili but heartier than most soups. It is packed with protein from all of the beans, a little spicy kick from the taco seasoning and enchilada sauce. Canned goods can be high in sodium, so be sure to find the reduced-sodium or no salt added versions of the ingredients. All of my favorite Mexican food flavors are combined in one bowl and in about 10 minutes and makes for a nice lunch at work the next day! For those busy nights this is a great go to, especially since it is all canned goods that you can keep in your pantry just in case.

7 Can Taco Soup
Adapted from Food.com
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
1 (15 oz.) can reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 oz.) can reduced sodium pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, no salt added, drained
1 (15.25 oz.) can no salt added sweet corn, drained
1 (10.75 oz.) can healthy request cream of chicken soup
1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
1 (14 oz.) can reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together in a large pot.
Heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
Top with shredded cheese if you like and serve with tortilla chips.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment