Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Grilled Salmon with Brown Butter Couscous

I am trying to cook more with salmon since I am constantly reading how great it is for you. I ripped this out of our recent cooking light magazine to make this week. Luckily I had everything we needed in the house except the salmon. In addition to eating healthy you can't forget the gym, and in order for me to enjoy that I have been taking different classes with friends. Not only do we get to catch up but it forces me to go and not back out. I was one lucky lady, I came home a bit late because as I said, too busy catching up with a friend, and Jason had found the recipe and measured everything out and prepped the recipe! What a great husband to know what I had in my mind for dinner and get it all ready for us to cook! Of course, it doesn't hurt that he enjoys salmon and anything with lemon flavoring like the couscous.

Grilled Salmon with Brown Butter Couscous
Serves 4
Source: Cooking Light Magazine May 2012

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons pine nuts
1 cup uncooked couscous
2 Tablespoons dry white wine
1 (14.5-ounce) can fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets

Directions:
  1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
  2. Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Add nuts; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add couscous; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add wine and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in rind, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper.
  3. Combine white pepper and next 4 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon salt) in a small bowl. Coat salmon fillets with cooking spray. Sprinkle fillets with spice mixture. Place salmon on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill over medium-high heat 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with couscous.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment