Friday, January 13, 2012

$8 dinner in 8 minutes

I know that this sounds as shocking to you as it did to me when I did it. I did not set out with the intention to make a quick and inexpensive dinner but as we were sitting down I thought about it and realized it was only $8! We had 4 tilapia fillets that were $3 for a pack of 2 at Whole Foods, 1 lemon and picked our own green beans this weekend for $1.40 (we still have some left over). Since everything was seasoned with salt and pepper we all have on hand I didn't include that. Since the beans were nice and fresh I sauted them in a pan with salt, pepper, olive oil, a dash of crushed red pepper flakes and 1 clove of garlic sliced. I will admit that I was pretty proud of this accomplishment when Jason got home from a late meeting and we had a healthy, inexpensive, flavorful and fast meal on the table.


Baked Tilapia

Ingredients:
4 fillets of tilapia (6-8ounces per serving)
1/2 lemon
1 Tablespoon butter
Kosher Salt & Fresh ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 375F. Coat a large cast iron pan with a nonstick butter spray.

Wash and pat dry the fish. Season each side with salt and pepper and lemon juice. Add fish to the pan. Place a pat of butter on each fillet and cook in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment