Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Easy and Festive cake cookies

Happy Valentine's Day! I had a few girlfriends over for desserts, wine and the Bachelor. Those are three of my guilty pleasures and it is always fun to have people over. As always, the show did not dissapoint and was full of drama. This also gave me an excuse to try out these cookies. Normally, I don't buy anything that comes in a box, but made an exception for these and was glad I did. You can use sprinkles in the colors of whichever holiday is coming up to use this recipe all year round. Since Valentine's Day is today I used pink, red and white. They taste like chocolate cake but with a chewy cookie consistency. My cousin has made these and she suggested adding chocolate chips, I never say no to more chocolate and will have to try that tip next time.

Easy and Festive cake cookies
Source: Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle
Yields: 2.5 dozen

 Ingredients:
1 boxed cake mix {I used Duncan Hines devil’s food}
1/2 cup {1 stick} unsalted butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. flour
1-2 tsp. vanilla extract
Sprinkles (optional)

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon for evenly sized potions of dough. If you are using sprinkles, roll the ball in sprinkles and drop onto ungreased cookie sheets {or Silpat if possible}.

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for at least five minutes then transfer to cooling rack.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment